Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weather Differences

I have moved around quite a bit in my lifetime and gotten to experience living in many different places.  One of the main differences I have noticed is the weather.  I was born in Connecticut where the winters are cold and the fall is very beautiful.  From there I moved to Washington where it was very green because it rained just about every day.  From there I moved to Cuernavaca, Mexico where I remember the weather being quite nice.  However my greatest memories are from southern California.  I lived there for the seven years leading up to me coming to Trinity.  The weather was always perfect, just below sixty degrees was considered to be pretty chilly and I can barely remember a time it was over ninety-five.  I lived right by the beach so even on a hot day there was the nice ocean breeze that kept the air cool and fresh.  Moving here to Texas gave me a bit of a surprise at first.  The biggest thing that I noticed was even at night when I go outside it is almost still be hot enough to break into a sweat!  I’m used to the sun going down and the heat going with it.  I do really like that change though, because I am not too big of a fan of wearing longs pants or sweaters.  I was expecting the humidity to be worse, but it’s not too bad.  I can handle it; the only problem with it is that it makes my hair poufy and frizzy!



Here is a perfect example of the California weather, we were fishing and my friend fell asleep with the warm blanket of sunshine and cool breeze.




Creative Commons License
Lake Jennings by Victoria Traversi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment